The Chicago Daily News, a Chicago evening newspaper, documents the local happenings:
- The birth of three new Japanese fawn at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
- An array of six Solider Field workmen, breaking from their labor, to digress with child-like enthusiasm over a game of marbles (and the game's inevitable unraveling into “squabble” due to poor sportsmanship).
- The momentary arrival of Ruby Jolson, née Keeler, en route via train to New York.
- With toothy smile, Lee Miller, a Maywood boy who won the oratorical state contest, standing by and shaking hands with his proud father: pleased, but reserved.
- The residual of a bus and car involved in an accident, resulting in the injury of twenty and the death of two, as pedestrians look about the wreckage at 91st and Buffalo Street.
- Chicago police surveying the traffic in the Loop through a process of ticket issuing and retrieval to every single entering and exiting vehicle.
- The attendance of 100,000 at Soldier Field for a fire muster sponsored by the Chicago Daily News.