Dick Kautzer Collection
Extent of Collection
2 reels of 35mm film totaling 1,400 feet
Language Of Materials
This collection is open to on-site access. Appointments must be made with Chicago Film Archives. Due to the fragile nature of the films, only video copies will be provided for on-site viewing.
From 1876 to 1978, the Chicago Daily News was an evening newspaper based in Chicago. During the early 1930s, the newspaper owned the television station W9XAP, which transmitted news from their then headquarters at 400 W Madison Street. However, this dabbling in television was short-lived for the Daily News; the station was sold to NBC after only a few years. The Daily News continued their news distribution in print until their close in the late 70s.