Society of the Divine Word Collection
Extent of Collection
30 reels of 16mm film totaling 27, 660 feet
Language Of Materials
The films were created and gathered by the Society of the Divine Word. Donated to CFA.
This collection is open to on-site access. Appointments must be made with Chicago Film Archives. Due to the fragile nature of the films, only video copies will be provided for on-site viewing.
CFA does not hold the rights to these films.
The Broadcasting and Film Commission (BFC) was formed in December 1950 by a merger of the Protestant Radio Commission and the Protestant Film Commission. The BFC had "responsibility and authority to prepare, produce or arrange for the production of and promote radio and television programs, motion pictures, filmstrips, recordings and other program materials for general dissemination, on behalf of the churches and the Council."